One of my favorite things to make on a plant based diet is brightly colored, nutrient rich, flavor packed nourish bowls! The opportunities are endless, they can be customized for all members of your family, and they leave you full, satisfied, and well… nourished! This bowl goes well beyond its beauty with ingredients full of antioxidants and fiber, sure to boost your immune system, improve digestion, and leave you glowing. The best thing about nourish bowls is they truly help you look and feel your best, and are a great way to consume an abundance of veggies!
- 2 Servings Noodles of Choice, prepared according to package and cooled Shirataki, Kelp, Vermicelli, Soba, or Rice Noodles are all delicious with this bowl
- 1 Cup Red Cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 C Red Beet, sliced This is the beautiful pink and white striped variety of beet. The exterior is a lighter red and less purple than the traditional beet.
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Carrot, julienned and chopped
- 1/2 C Yellow Sweet Corn Fresh or frozen
- 1 English Cucumber, ribboned with a spiralizer or peeler
- 1 C Lacinto Kale, chopped and massaged w/ 2 TBSP lemon juice until tender Lacinto Kale is my favorite kale as it is sweeter, more tender, and more mild than other kale. Massaging it with lemon juice and olive oil (optional) removes any bitterness and makes the texture a lot less rigid and more delicious.
- 1/2 C Edamame, shelled I usually buy frozen shelled edamame and place in a dish of lukewarm water to thaw.
- 2 TBSP Cashews, toasted
- 1 TBSP Sesame Seeds
- Fresh Mint & Cilantro, for garnish
Mango Green Goddess Sauce
- 1 Ripe Yellow Mango, peeled
- 1 Ripe Avocado, peeled
- 2-3 Limes, juiced
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 TBSP Fresh Ginger
- 1 C Cilantro
- 1/2 C Mint
- 1/2 tsp salt
- water, if needed to thin Add water 1 TBSP at a time to achieve desired texture
- Add all ingredients for the nourish bowls to serving bowls. I like to create a base of kale and noodles first, and arrange the remaining ingredients on top.
- Place ingredients for sauce in a blender (I like to use my small nutribullet for this, instead of getting out a large blender). Blend until smooth. Add water if needed to thin. Adjust lime, garlic, salt, and jalapeño to your liking.
- Drizzle sauce over bowls right before serving, or serve on the side as a dipping sauce. Serve chilled.
2 thoughts on “Rainbow nourish noodle bowl + mango green goddess sauce”
This green goddess sauce is so light and tangy! A perfect mix for these colorful veggies, especially the beets! I love the cilantro and lime flavors …so yummy! Jenny W- dietitian
[…] technique. Once I started preparing my kale this way it quickly became my most favorite base for bowls, salads, grains, and more! After massaging it becomes sweet, tender, and adds a perfect pop of […]