Weekends are meant for pizza parties (even if thats a personal party for one) and this two-ingredient, super simple, plant-based, gluten-free crust makes those pizza parties easier and healthier than ever. To sweeten the pot even more, chances are you already have both of the ingredients you need! This delicious crust is made with 1. Oat flour (or any flour of choice) and 2. plant-based yogurt! Optional (and recommended) to add a pinch of salt, garlic powder, and parsley, but with or without you’re in for a treat with this delightfully simple crust. Top as you choose or follow the directions below for the dreamiest creamiest spinach artichoke pizza you’ve ever had! And of course, it’s totally vegan. Enjoy!
This entire pizza clocks in at right about 550 calories, so you can enjoy guilt-free for that Friday night party of one 😉 but served with a salad it makes the perfect dinner for two! The cashew alfredo cream sauce is also delightful on pasta or roasted veggies, so double the recipe and save for a dinner later in the week!
- Cast Iron Skillet
Two Ingredient Pizza Crust
- 1/2 C gluten free oat flour or gluten free all purpose
- 1/2 C plain, unsweetened vegan greek yogurt almond milk, cashew milk, or coconut milk base
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder and parsley optional
- pinch of salt
Cashew Alfredo Pizza Sauce
- 3 TBSP raw cashews
- 2 TBSP plain, unsweetened plant milk or water
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 C Spinach
- 3 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 artichoke hearts, halved
- 1 tsp capers
- 2 TBSP almond milk vegan ricotta
- 1/2 C arugula
- lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add ingredients for crust to a bowl and mix with a fork until combined. If dough is too dry, add 1 TBSP plant milk or water. If dough is too wet, add a sprinkle of additional flour. Roll into a ball and place on top of a piece of parchment paper. Flatten into a symmetrical disk shape. Top with a second sheet of parchment paper and use a rolling pin (or wine bottle!) to roll out your crust 1/8" thick.
- Add ingredients for sauce to a blender and purée until smooth and creamy. Season to taste.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a cast iron skillet and sauté mushrooms over high heat until golden brown. Add in spinach and sauté until wilted. Set aside and wipe out skillet.
- Add a small amount of oil to the skillet again and heat over medium low heat. Carefully flip the crust from the parchment paper into the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes. Once stable, flip the crust using a large spatula.
- Spread an even layer of cashew alfredo sauce on to crust and top with sautéed spinach, mushrooms, artichokes, and capers. Transfer to oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with arugula, ricotta and lemon zest.
2 thoughts on “Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pizza on Two Ingredient Gluten Free Crust”
If you’re vegan, follow a gluten free diet, and a pizza fanatic like I am, then you will be in heaven with this recipe. It took me about 37 minutes to make the first time and about 30 minutes ever since. You must try it!
You’re a pro! That’s faster than ANY delivery pizza could arrive to your door 🙂