Have you tried jackfruit? What about rainbow collard wraps? Wrap up the day with two FIRSTS and make these DELICIOUSLY healthy wraps – full of roasted buffalo jackfruit, crisp veggies, creamy avocado, and tahini smashed chickpeas. Complete the meal with a spicy vegan ranch for dipping and this recipe is SURE to please. These wraps are also amazing for meal prep and actually almost taste BETTER day two. The fresh veggies are incredibly nutrient rich, the jackfruit is a perfect substitute for shredded Buffalo chicken, the smashed chickpeas are full of protein and fiber, and the collard greens are an amazing low carb alternative to tortillas! If you’re trying to spice things up in the kitchen with fun plant based options – add this to your menu for an amazing meatless meal.
- Large Saucepan
- Baking Sheet
Buffalo "Chicken" Rainbow Wraps
- 8 large collard leaves make sure you select very large collard leaves – bigger than your face, with very few holes/tears
- 14 oz canned young green jackfruit, rinsed and drained make sure to buy young jackfruit, not ripe jackfruit
- 1/3 C buffalo sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 C red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 firm avocado, sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 C lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
Tahini Smashed Chickpeas
- 14 oz canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 TBSP tahini
- 1 TBSP buffalo sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Spicy Vegan Ranch
- Buffalo Sauce
- Use your fingers to pull apart and shred the jackfruit and place in a bowl. Season with Buffalo sauce and spices and mix well. Spread on parchment lined baking sheet and roast in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove and drizzle with extra Buffalo sauce.
- Cut broad stems off the base of the collard leaves. Bring a large pot water to a boil. Submerge each leaf into the boiling water for 10-15 seconds and transfer immediately to an ice bath. Set aside to dry.
- Add all ingredients for smashed chickpeas to a bowl and use a fork to mash and combine. Should be a chunky texture. Season to taste.
- Lay one leaf with the spine parallel to you on a clean, dry surface. Layer toppings in the middle – I like to start with chickpeas, followed by avocado, peppers and cabbage, and ending with the jackfruit and fluffy greens. Fold in sides first and then the side closest to you, rolling tightly away from you ending with the seam side down.
- Serve wraps chilled with vegan ranch and buffalo sauce.
4 thoughts on “Vegan Buffalo “Chicken” Rainbow Wraps”
I love jackfruit and use it often. However, I did not like the roasted jackfruit in these Collard Rainbow wraps. But I loved the rest of it and will make this recipe again without the jackfruit and possibly with a peanut sauce for dipping for a variation. Thanks for the idea!
Thank you so much for trying this recipe, Susie! I haven’t received that feedback on the jackfruit before, but the wraps would still be totally delicious if you made without. Great idea. Enjoy!
[…] The opportunities for what you can put in collard wraps are truly endless, but if you loved this recipe, be sure to check out my Buffalo Chickpea Collard Wraps. […]
This is a new favorite recipe of mine. I am new to the plant-based diet and had never tried jackfruit before. I’m also certain I’d never made anything with collard greens 🙂 This recipe was SO delicious! The pleasant crunch when you bite into the wrap, the tangy & spicy chickpea spread…I definitely ate this up way faster than I should have!