‘Tis the season for baking, and these Gluten Free Mini Vegan Cheesecake Bites are the perfect treat for your next get holiday together. The recipe includes a few shortcuts to make these bites simple, fun and easy! One secret shortcut? The gluten-free vegan dough is actually store-bought!
To be honest, I’m a cookie dough snob. I never thought I would cut corners with a store-bought dough, but this ready-to-bake dough from Sweet Loren’s is amazing. Not only are the cookies incredibly tasty, they’re also made with clean, non-GMO, plant based and gluten-free ingredients. This means everyone at your holiday party is able to enjoy them. Personally, I love that its TOTALLY safe to eat raw! Perfect for those nights when you don’t want to bake but you’re craving a sweet treat or fresh-outta-the-oven baked goods. Bake them as-is, snack on the dough, or use as the perfect shortcut in your holiday recipes like these delicious mini vegan cheesecake bites.
These mini cheesecake bites are so versatile! Keep them plain, add raspberry or pumpkin like I did here, or get creative and add toppings of your choice.
What makes these Mini Vegan Cheesecake Bites Vegan?
- Crust: The simple cheesecake crust is made with store-bought, ready to bake, gluten free, vegan dough from Sweet Loren’s! All of their products are made with high quality, clean, non-GMO, plant based and gluten-free ingredients that you will love.
- Filling: The silky smooth, creamy filling is made with raw cashews and coconut cream for the perfect cheesecake texture.
How to serve:
Keep these vegan cheesecake bites frozen until right before serving. Because they are frozen, their texture is best after thawing for 5-10 minutes. Pull them out of the freezer and plate just before its time for dessert. Pair them with champagne, coffee, or wine for the perfect after dinner treat!
- 2 Mini Muffin Tins
- Food Processor
- 2 C raw cashews, boiled for 30 minutes and rinsed with cool water
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 3/4 C coconut cream (solid part from the top of full fat canned coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted and cooled
Salted Caramel Pumpkin
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 4 pitted medjool dates, soaked in hot water until soft
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP full fat coconut cream
- 24 pecans, toasted
- flaky salt, for topping
- 3/4 C fresh or frozen raspberries, plus more for topping
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp tapioca flour or corn starch mixed with 2 tsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 325. Lightly coat 2 mini muffin tins with oil.
- Divide each section of pre-cut sugar cookie dough and oatmeal cookie dough into 4 sub sections. Place one in each muffin tin cup, using a small glass like a shot glass or your fingers to press down. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and use the same small glass to flatten again. Set aside to cool.
- Add all ingredients for cheesecakes to a food processor and blend on high for 60-90 seconds until totally smooth. Pour half of the mixture into a separate bowl.
- Add pumpkin and pumpkin spice to the food processor with the cashew mixture and pulse until combined.
- Prepare your raspberry topping by adding raspberries and syrup to a small saucepan and simmering for 5-10 minutes. Slowly mix in the tapioca flour + water to thicken. Set aside to cool.
- Spoon the pumpkin filing in to the cups with sugar cookie base, and the plain into the oatmeal cookie base. Fill to the top. Spoon a small amount of raspberry jam onto each plain cheesecake and swirl. Place on a flat surface in the freezer to chill for at least 2-3 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare your date caramel by pureeing dates, vanilla and coconut cream until smooth.
- After 2 hours, remove cheesecakes from freezer. Top pumpkin cakes with a spoonful of date caramel, a pecan and a sprinkle of flaky salt, and top raspberry cheesecakes with a spoonful of jam and a frozen raspberry. Return to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before serving and use a knife to carefully pop out each bite.
*Recipe created in partnership with Sweet Loren’s
One thought on “Mini Vegan Cheesecake Bites (Gluten Free)”
[…] Mini Cheesecake Bites […]