If you think muffins and cinnamon are just for fall, think again! These gluten-free, vegan Zucchini Carrot Muffins are a real treat and the perfect baked good for summer. Especially since this time of year, gardens are bursting at the seams with carrots and zucchinis, and this delightful recipe incorporates both in a moist, sweet, subtly spiced treat.
These chai spiced zucchini carrot muffins are a great solution for using up produce from your garden, and are also a perfect option for gluten-free and vegan eaters. They are made with 100% plant-based ingredients, gluten-free flour, and are free of refined sugars.
What You Need to Make These Muffins
- Coconut Butter: A beautiful ingredient that adds healthy fat and fiber. It is different from coconut oil, which is 100% saturated fat, as it is made using the entire fruit of the coconut. If you don’t have coconut butter, feel free to substitute with coconut oil, olive oil, or vegan butter.
- Cashew Butter: Raw or roasted natural cashew butter adds a great nuttiness. Feel free to sub with almond butter.
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Coconut Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This additive helps vegan goods rise
- Ground Flax Seed: The egg replacer we are using. Also a great source of fiber and protein.
- Gluten Free 1:1 Flour
- Almond Flour
- Chai Spice: I find this delicious spice blend at a local shop called All Spice, but it could be substituted for pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice.
- Baking Soda
- Golden Raisins: I adore the subtle sweetness of the golden raisins in this recipe, but you could swap them out for cranberries or regular raisins as well.
If you love these muffins, check out my other recipes for Oatmeal Cookie Dough Protein Bites and Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies. Like everything here on Jackfruitful, these recipes are both gluten free and vegan, made with whole, natural ingredients.
- 1 large muffin tin
- 1 hand mixer
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, softened
- 1/4 cup natural, creamy cashew butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 cups gluten free 1:1 flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp chai spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a muffin tin with avocado, coconut or olive oil.
- Add all wet ingredients to a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to combine for 30-60 seconds on high speed. Fold in the zucchini and carrot shreds.
- Add all dry ingredients to the bowl and mix on low speed until just combined. Gently fold in the walnuts and raisins.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin tin filling each cup nearly level to the top. Sprinkle with additional walnuts if desired.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy warm!
3 thoughts on “Gluten-Free Vegan Chai Spiced Zucchini Carrot Muffins”
[…] Gluten-Free Vegan Chai Spiced Zucchini Carrot Muffins — jackfruitfulkitchen […]
Loved these muffins! These tasted like a fall dream 🙂 They are so good warm with a little butter. They lasted for 7 days in a sealed container on my counter. Will be making again!
[…] Chai-Spiced Zucchini Carrot Muffins […]