So you’re not vegan or vegetarian? No problem. You will still 💯 L O V E this dish. Clinton, a KC native-meat eating-BBQ lover, went back for seconds and said it could even fool most meat lovers! 🙌🏼 If that doesn’t talk you into making this bomb BBQ Pulled Jackfruit ASAP, idk what will! 🤷🏻♀️ Check this super easy 20 min recipe below ⬇️
1/2 red onion, diced
2 carrots, shredded
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can green jackfruit, drained and rinsed
salt and pepper
1/2 C vegan paleo BBQ sauce like Tessemae’s
GF hamburger bun
1. Sauté 1/2 small red onion and 2 shredded carrots in EVOO in a cast iron skillet until tender.
2. Add 2 minced garlic cloves.
3. Rinse and drain one can of @traderjoes green jackfruit. Pat dry and pull apart with fingers into shredded pieces. Add to skillet.
4. Season with cayenne, salt, pepper, and paprika.
5. Add in 1/2 C or more of @tessemaes vegan paleo BBQ sauce. Stir to combine and heat through.
6. Serve on an @udisglutenfree bun with coleslaw (recipe below) and a side salad.
Cabbage Jicama Coleslaw
2 tbsp vegan mayo
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
dash of maple syrup
1. Slice purple cabbage, jicama, carrots, celery, and green onion.
2. Make dressing out of 2 tbsp @followyourheart vegan mayo, 1 tbsp @bragglivefoodproducts apple cider vinegar, 1/2 lemon juiced, and maple syrup to taste.
3. Toss with sliced veggies.