Today’s easy to accomplish goal: Making sure Meatless Monday is NOT boring!! 🙌🏼 Every day is Meatless Monday around our house, and whether you’re a fellow vegan, trying to reduce the amount of animal products you consume, or just looking for an AMAZING recipe – you’re going to love this bowl!
This delightfully crispy, flavorful, takeout-style sesame cauliflower is truly TO DIE FOR! What makes it better than takeout?! Well, it’s just as delicious, way healthier (baked not fried, refined sugar free, and lower in sodium), less expensive, and ready in 35 minutes! Plus it’s gluten free AND vegan!
Your friends and family (and your taste buds!) will have no idea this recipe is a healthier, gluten-fee spin on your fav takeout dish because it’s just that GOOD! They will be begging for more.
- Baking Sheet
- Sauce Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into medium-sized florets, stems removed
- 3/4 C water or plain plant-milk make sure your plant milk is unsweetened and unflavored
- 1 C brown rice flour gluten free all purpose works well too
- 1 TBSP liquid aminos or tamari
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 C GF breadcrumbs
- 1/4 C liquid aminos or tamari
- 1/4 C sweetener of choice coconut sugar, maple syrup, swerve, agave, etc.
- 3 TBSP sesame seeds
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP chili garlic sauce
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 tsp chili flakes optional
- 1/8 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tsp tapioca flour, arrowroot powder, or cornstarch combined with 2 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 C jasmine rice cooked according to package
- 2 bunches broccolini steamed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and spray lightly with olive oil to coat.
- Mix together all ingredients for batter, except breadcrumbs, in a bowl. Batter should be slightly thinner than pancake batter. Add cauliflower florets to bowl and toss to coat.
- One by one, remove cauliflower from batter with a fork, letting excess drip off, and transfer to oiled parchment lined baking sheets, being sure not to overcrowd. Sprinkle generously with breadcrumbs. Spray with a very light coat of olive oil. (optional for extra crispiness!)
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Prepare sesame sauce by adding all ingredients except tapioca flour to a small saucepan. Bring to a steady simmer and let thicken. Mix tapioca flour with water and stir into sauce little by little until desired texture is achieved.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and let cool for 3-5 min (this step is very important as it prevents the cauliflower from getting soggy!)
- Transfer cauliflower to a bowl and toss gently with sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and broccolini.