Looking for a plant based, nutrient rich, super food lunch or dinner that is GUARANTEED to make you feel like a GODDESS?! Look no further! This fresh and nourishing bowl is such an easy and delicious way to load up on GREENS and will leave you feeling refreshed, satisfied, energized and more! The fiber will keep you full all day long and also help improve digestion. This bowl of green goodness comes together in a delightful fashion with the addition of the bright, creamy and flavorful green goddess sauce. This is nothing like your store-bought goddess sauce – this dressing is TO DIE FOR. Equally as nutritious (and delicious) in it’s own right! I love making these bowls for lunches all week long. The hearty ingredients are perfect for prepping ahead of time, so feel free to make on Sunday or Monday and enjoy healthy meals all week.
Green Goddess Bowl
- 1 C green lentils
- 1 bunch lacinto kale, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp EVOO optional, omit if oil free
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized can also create ribbons with a potato peeler
- 2 english cucumbers, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 2 C green peas
- 3 C french style green beans, halved
- 1/4 C pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 C fresh parsley, finely chopped
Green Goddess Sauce
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 C plain coconut milk yogurt any plain yogurt will do
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/4 C mint
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 TBSP fresh ginger
- 1/2 C water more or less for desired texture
- salt and pepper
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add lentils and simmer for 12-15 minutes until tender but not mushy. I like them pretty firm for this dish. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Add chopped kale to a bowl with olive oil and lemon juice. Use your hands to massage the leaves for 15-30 seconds until tender. Massaging kale brings out a delightfully sweet taste and creates a softer texture, making it much less rigid and bitter.
- Fill the same sauce pan you used for the lentils with water. Bring to a boil and add green beans. Boil for 1-2 minutes until they become just slightly more vibrant and tender. Drain and transfer immediately to an ice bath to cool.
- Add all ingredients for sauce to a blender and purée until creamy. Season to taste.
- Arrange all veggies, lentils, and seeds in bowls. Drizzle with sauce right before serving. Toss to combine!