I don’t know about you, but the second the fall weather hits I am in the mood to BAKE. These Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies definitely hit the spot! They combine the texture and taste of your favorite peanut butter cookie with a hint of pumpkin spice for seasonal flare. They are delightful alongside a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, and perfect for cozying up by a warm fire this fall.
Peanut butter cookies are a year-round staple, but adding some pumpkin and fall spices make these the perfect seasonal treat! They are subtly sweet, soft, chewy, full of pumpkiny flavor and finish with a burst of fall spice. The texture is also to die for and you would never know they are gluten free and vegan.
What you need to make these gluten free vegan Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies
A few simple ingredients are all you need to make these delicious gluten free vegan peanut butter cookies, and chances are you already have them in your pantry! With so few ingredients, these cookies are incredibly easy to make. I like to make a big batch and store the dough in the freezer for easy thaw and bake cookies!
- Unsweetened Natural Peanut Butter: I like to use crunchy peanut butter for this recipe as it adds a little texture, but creamy peanut butter would work great as well! Make sure your peanut butter is unsweetened with zero additives. The only ingredient on the list should be peanuts (and maybe salt).
- Vegan Butter: Opt for sticks over spreadable for this recipe.
- Grade A Maple Syrup
- Coconut Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Puree
- Gluten Free Oat Flour
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Spice: If you don’t have pumpkin spice on hand, make your own by combining 1 TBSP cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp all spice and 1/4 tsp cloves.
Along with making the dough ahead of time, you can also bake them in advance. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months!
- 1 C peanut butter natural, unsweetened
- 1/2 C vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 2/3 C coconut sugar, plus more for topping can substitute brown sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/3 C pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 3/4 C gluten free oat flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add peanut butter, vegan butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla and pumpkin puree to a bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat on high for 1-2 minutes until well combined and fluffy.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Roll into 1.5 TBSP sized balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a fork dipped in water (to prevent sticking) to flatten the balls in a crosshatch pattern. Sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes before transferring to parchment paper.