This Apple Cider Bourbon Fizz is the perfect festive drink to celebrate the holidays, especially Thanksgiving! It is subtly sweet, easy to make, and super refreshing! Every family get together is instantly more fun when you throw a festive, bubbly drink into the mix (mocktail version optional) so I will definitely be serving this at our Thanksgiving. Hard to believe it’s only THREE weeks from today – where has this year gone?!
What recipes pair well with this Apple Cider Bourbon Fizz?
Lucky for Thanksgiving hosts… ALL OF THEM! The flavors of the apple, lemon, and cinnamon compliment pretty much everything on your Thanksgiving menu. From sweet potato casserole, to the main dishes, to desserts, this light and refreshing cocktail will pair beautifully. Try it alongside this Fall Harvest Salad.
Can I make this Cocktail Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! This make-ahead drink is going to be your best friend, especially since Thanksgiving is SUCH a busy day. It will also allow your fruit and cinnamon sticks to infuse into the drink even more. Follow the simple directions below, but wait to add ice and and bubbles until right before serving.
What do I need to make this Apple Cider Bourbon Fizz?
- Bourbon: You could also use whiskey or a dark spiced rum for a sweeter cocktail. (Omit if making mocktail)
- Apple Cider: I like to buy cider local and fresh for the best fall flavor.
- Lemon: A burst of citrus adds a bright and refreshing flavor to this fall drink.
- Angostura Bitters: A few shakes of these bitters add a deep spiced flavor with notes of clove and cinnamon.
- Dry Sparkling Wine or Sparkling Water: A brut champagne or dry prosecco are the perfect bubbles for this libation. If you want a lower ABV or lower calorie drink, substitute the wine for sparkling water! My personal favorite is Topo Chico as it is incredibly carbonated and therefor does not get flat when mixed with ice and other ingredients.
- Cinnamon Stick: Adding one stick to each drink will allow the spice to slowly infuse into the cocktail. Reuse the stick when you pour each guest’s refill!
- Apple or Pear Slices: Add a few slices of fresh fruit to each glass so they can absorb the cocktail. This will make for a delicious garnish.
- 6 oz bourbon, whisky or dark spiced rum
- 12 oz apple cider
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 10-12 shakes bitters
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 apple or pear, thinly sliced
- 8 oz brut champagne, prosecco or sparkling water
- Add all ingredients except sparkling wine or water and ice to a pitcher. Stir to combine. Follow directions below to serve immediately, or place in fridge for up to 6 hours until ready to serve.
- Add ice to glasses. Use tongs to place one cinnamon stick and apple slices in each glass. Pour cocktail mix into glasses.
- Top off with sparkling wine or sparkling water. Cheers!